Additional Fields for New Modules
Our long-term users most likely remember that last year we announced an increased number of additional fields for the most uCoz modules. However, such important and popular sections as the Publisher, File Catalog and Photo Albums were put on pause back then. Up until now! :)
To add new additional fields, go to the settings of the needed module and enable the Custom additional fields option:
Upon activating the option, you’ll be able to add:
- up to 3 additional fields for websites without any active paid plan
- up to 10 additional fields for websites with an active paid plan
Should you need to further increase the number of additional fields for your website, we may look into the possibility of assisting in cases with a valid reason. Feel free to contact us!
Additional Fields → Filters
We believe this update will be a great asset for the owners of movie websites and similar resources where an extended post filtering is needed! :)
At this point, the update is available for the File Catalog module, but we’re close to considering its integration with other system modules. Now let’s take a closer look at how the feature works.
Simply having more additional fields is useful, of course, but what makes this new feature much more flexible is the following: Upon activating custom additional fields, you’ll be able to choose which fields will be used as filters:
For the fields with a Filter option activated, you can either choose a filter value from the drop-down list (just as you do with system filters) or input a new value directly into the field when adding a post.
Therefore, new filter values will be created literally “on a fly” at the moment when a new post is published.
We are looking forward to learning about your experience with this new feature. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts and suggest ideas on how we could improve the functionality, since we’re planning to pay a special attention to developing this aspect of the system.
Minor uCoz Updates & Bug Fixes
- invalid online/offline status after users log out of the website (huge data update timeout) → fixed;
- issue switching between images in the /photo module → fixed;
- issue disabling delivery methods in the Online Shop module, given there are plenty of them → fixed;
- filter resetting when switching pages → fixed;
- no redirect from the Archived posts page to a new URL, if the Site News module has a custom URL → fixed;
- starting from second page and further, lines don’t load when processing price lists → fixed;
- incorrect operation of reCAPTCHA after it is reset due to an error → fixed;
- $SEO_CANONICAL$ doesn’t work in the page editor → fixed;
- ability to add multiple product IDs at once when editing the order in the Online Shop module (separated by a comma or a space) → done;
- issue switching pages with comments in the Online Shop module + problem with filters on the page containing posts of the category → fixed.
Stay tuned. More updates are coming soon!