Reputation Update for Shop Orders
Big online stores often cooperate with subagents. This is a group of users who have the right to add new products. When these products are sold, a subagent earns a % commission on the products that were purchased. This update allows you to change the subagent's rating when customers place an order for his/her product.
To enable this feature, go to your online shop’s settings, open the Subagent management page and check the Allow the sales to affect user reputation option.
Site Protection Against Cloning
We’ve already written about a feature that allows you to restrict access to your site at an IP level. This way you can protect it from robots automatically downloading content out of it, as well as secure the site from total cloning using proxy requests.
Additionally, it’s possible to restrict access to a website for some certain country.
PayPal Payment Option Update
Following your requests, we have implemented a feature that allows setting a fee for PayPal payments. Before, when the order amount was small (relevant for digital goods), PayPal basically reduced the sellers’ profit from an order to zero by charging them a fee. Now, using this method you can decide who will pay the commission. This won’t affect the way a product is displayed in your online shop. The commission can be either fixed or a percentage of the product’s value.
Site Version for Visually Impaired
You talk. We listen. So, upon our users requests, we’ve added an icon into the Version for visually impaired button.
New System Templates
Activity Feed for uShop
Another feature we’ve integrated is the activity feed option in the Online Shop module. It allows displaying events when a user submits an order, makes a payment, adds a product to the shopping cart, etc. in real time.
You can set who can view the activity feed in User Group Permissions. To add the feed to a website, it’s necessary to add the $SHFEED$ system operator to the template.
Moderation of Orders
And that’s not all! We’ve introduced another useful setting for User Group Permissions. From now on, an administrator can provide moderators (or any other group) with a permission to see all the orders and an ability to cancel them. In this case, the funds will be refunded to the buyer’s account.
Last, But Not Least: New Payment Methods
Bug Fixes and Updates
- if the Apply a watermark to uploaded images feature is disabled and the drag'n'drop upload method is used, a watermark will be added → fixed;
- the $UNIT$ variable doesn’t show the full order details for the Administrators group → fixed;
- the Video module: the $ENTRY_URL$ code doesn’t show the full link on the entry pages → fixed;
- malfunction of the Multiple value selection feature in the Ad Board filters → fixed;
- forum was displayed incorrectly in the new posts view (error: 'This forum has no threads') → fixed;
- internal optimization of website requests to the database → fixed;
- an ability to use the $AVATAR_URL$ system code on an entry page for the /load, /dir, /board, /stuff, /video modules (earlier it was implemented in the /blog, /news, /publ, /photo, /gb, /faq modules and in mini-chat) → added;
- incorrect operation of the $GUEST_MSG$ variable in the /forum module → fixed;
- the search logic for the /shop module takes into account the requests with characters (for example, when you search for 0.5 it won’t be divided into 0 and 5) → fixed;
- an option to hide unfilled specification fields in the /shop module → fixed;
- an option to set a security code into the User login form template for the local users) → added;
- the limit of 1200 messages in the user ranks → removed;
- CDATA shielding for YML import in url, price, purchase_price, oldprice, currencyId, downloadable, manufacturer_warranty, adult, delivery, pickup, store, weight, price_min, price_max fields → removed.
Spring is waiting just around the corner and so do new, exciting updates! If you have any suggestions about the updates, feel free to leave a comment:)